The Valley of Light: An Incubator for Cultural Creatives
In 2015, Oracle launched the Valley of Light micro-community near the small town of Independence, Virginia. Our Campus is located along the New River in a region of the Blue Ridge Mountains called the “Virginia Highlands.”
In this pristine setting, our community members pursue projects of regional, national, and global importance. For instance, one of our members founded a socially responsible alternative currency. Another member is passionate about interfaith peacebuilding and regularly coordinates with United Religions Initiative. And we all enjoy building and beautifying our campus!
Together, we’re creating an inspirational atmosphere that brings out the best in ourselves and our community.
Calling All Thought Leaders...
Futurist and good friend Barbara Marx Hubbard has visited the Valley of Light and nicknamed our community “Camp Eve” because of our strong commitment to building a gender balanced ecovillage comprised of social architects and spiritual activists. Our auspicious goal is to develop a Full-Spectrum micro-community similar to The Federation of Damanhur in Italy. We therefore are seeking thought-leaders in each of the following Sectors of Society:
- Learning & Education: progressive education and ecological literacy
- Communications & Media: multi-media and social networking
- Art & Culture: music, fine arts, and the performing arts
- Economics & Business: alternate currencies, cooperative businesses, and living wages
- Peacebuilding & Relations: conflict mediation, gender and race relations, and intercultural dialogue
- Justice & Governance: Earth federation and community/regional representation
- Health & Wellness: traditional and integrative holistic practices
- Food, Water & Environment: organic gardening, water preservation, and wildlife protection
- Infrastructure & Resources: renewable energy, green building, and affordable small houses
- Science & Technology: safe, clean, and socially responsible technologies
- Spirituality & Religion: multi-faith dialogue, spiritual study and conscious evolution
Valley of Light Infrastructure
More than $2,000,000 has been invested in the Valley of Light.
Nestled between the New River and Saddle Creek, VOL includes:
- New roads, wells, septic fields, and underground utilities
- Peace Pentagon community center
- Two residential homes, including one with rental units
- Guest House for visitors
- Walking labyrinth, medicine wheel, and other outdoor sanctuaries
- Campground amenities, including outdoor kitchen pavilion
- Hiking trails, pond, and meditation gazebo
- Barn and raised-bed garden
- And the entire campus is DEBT FREE.
The Valley of Light is surrounded by Blue Ridge Mountain beauty!
On-site or nearby recreational activities include:
We invite potential Members to Discover Grayson County to learn more about local events and attractions.